Unicorns may be the stuff of magical myths, but you can now earn real-life money from looking after these beautiful creatures!
Crypto Unicorns, a leading non-fungible token (NFT) collection on the Polygon blockchain, has completed a $26 million token sale that included purchases from TCG and Backed VC. The sale comes as Crypto Unicorns prepares to launch a web-based play-to-earn game later this month.
- Other token sale purchasers included Acme Capital, Bitkraft Ventures, Delphi Digital, Infinity Ventures Crypto, Polygon Studios, CoinFund, BreederDAO and Emfarsis.
- Developed by San Francisco-based Laguna Games, the Crypto Unicorns game will combine unicorn and land NFTs in a digital pet collecting and farming game.
- The web-based game will go live later this month, followed by the launches of new mini-games, including Unicorn jousting, racing and battles.
- Funds raised from token sales are held in the treasury of the Crypto Unicorns decentralized autonomous organization (DAO). Participants in the sale will play a role in the DAO’s future governance decisions.
- “We’ve developed Crypto Unicorns from the start to be a community-run game and the completion of this token sale is a big step toward that,” Laguna Games CEO and co-founder Aron Beierschmitt said in a press release. “We want to move away from the extractive nature of free-to-play and nurture game economies that are owned by communities to embrace the core fundamentals of owning in-game items.”